Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Oh my. 

Your e-mail arrived and I had a chuckle.  I know you'll think yourself foolish believing the blog is specifically for you.  Don't. You are my wonderful on-line, e-mail, snail mail friend Mary. 

'Mostly Letters To Mary' was penned primarily to get me back in to writing.  Something.  Anything.  I had such a very dry spell.  In my head I was writing voraciously.  Yet somehow I could not lift pen to paper and the keyboard was even worse.

Busy.  Lazy.  Tired.  Bored.  Uninspired.  Depression.  Self conscious. No confidence.  Any or all of the above?  Who knows what puts that wall up between thoughts in your head and expressing those thoughts?

What happened one day after a note arrived from you was a "eureka!" moment.  I thought I'd try writing to someone instead of for an audience (or myself) and see how it went.

I'm still struggling a bit with thoughts to paper but I'm thinking more about writing and I am, at least, writing to you.  Pseudo fashion.  I admit.

So the short of it is, I didn't start the blog for you.  I was inspired by your note writing.  You reminded me that writing is good for the soul.  And if someone else wants to read it, why not?

All the best,
Kathy


1 comment:

  1. Oh, you have been busy! Wondered why I hadn't "seen" you on Facebook as much. I like your idea of writing to a specific somene rather than an audience. Should maybe gove that a try myself...

    ReplyDelete