Friday, December 19, 2014

Mary. Mary.

While I wait patiently for your next letter to arrive in I keep filling you in on daily dribs and drabs.  They are not nearly as interesting conversation as are the items you bring up.  


But.  These dribs and drabs are the fiber of who I am. They are a part of my make up so-to-speak.  Like cellulite and weight, I'd like to get rid of some of them. Most often I think of these nuisances as just that. Does that mean I too am a nuisance? 


So this week I have packaged three Santa gifts and tomorrow they go out to three recipients I've never seen or met. I tell you this not for kudos.  There is a life lesson here. 


This is called paying if forward.  Or as in the 'old' days, doing a good deed. Today I dropped an unexpected gift to someone and she later told me, "That made me so happy!" Believe me, I didn't spend a lot of money and I had Miss Emily sign the card.  It made Someone's day.  And because it did, it made mine.  


Life lesson # 23 (just give it any old number you want) You will feel good when you make someone else feel good.  


I keep wondering if my state of mind is typical of Christmases past.  I don't recollect myself being a person who is easily thrown in to an 'I am trying not to be a crazy lady' state. But if I'm honest, I think I have more Christmas seasons behind me - just that way - than I have recognized before this. Wow. Food for thought. 

I often say that it's the little things in life that will make or break me.  I'm am much better at the big things. I think I'd rather be good at the little.  Great would be even better.


Anyway, Christmas is just around the corner and while I'm not nearly ready in terms of shopping, wrapping and baking, I am ready to relish the day with family.  And for most of us, isn't that what it's all about?


Til soon.

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment